View the edtech Discussion Logs by month
View the Prior Message in edtech's December 1992 logs by: [date] [author] [thread]
View the Next Message in edtech's December 1992 logs by: [date] [author] [thread]
Visit the edtech home page.
Guy (& others): My copy of Windowcraft arrived a few days ago but I sent it back this afternoon. I tried it in both Windows 3.0 & 3.1 without much reliability. Of 12 stax (HC 1.2.5) only 4 converted successfully. None of my stax used X-features or are more than 20 cards. I ran into two bugs the folks at Windowcraft are fixing. New release end of Dec, first of Jan. One thing that I was very excited about it how *fast* the conversion proces s went! Compared to ConvertIt! this program is phenomenally quick. Unfortunately, the error files which WC generated are locked and I can't access them with Notebook, or any word processor that I've got (Word/Word Perfect). So I can't say sort of problems the stax caused. I did notice the number of errors was slightly lower in 3 of the 4. It was much higher in the 4th stax. I don't have a clue. The advice I got was to "keep trying." Unfortunately, I've got a deadline & think it'll be quicker to use ConvertIt! & learn Toolbook. Wish I had happier news...back t o the stacks/books (literal & figurative) Cyndy Krey firstname.lastname@example.org